THE ARIZONA PENGUIN

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Goodness of People

The Goodness of People


I awoke late this morning and remembered I had promised to buy a certain loaf of bread for my friend so I rumbled about and left the apartment after 5 minutes had passed. For me, that was fast. I hurried to this bread company that was about 6 miles away and it was a madhouse. It has never had much parking but this was the first time I had seen, not only parking space filled, but cars sitting and waiting for an opening and such was this morning. After some shuttling back and forth I finally managed to get a parking space and hurried from my car. I got inside and there were many persons moving back and forth and the shelves were loaded with various breads. I grabbed my selection and got in a line with several others to await my turn. In the process I began speaking to the lady in front of me saying to her,"What in the world will you do with this much bread". She must have had 20 loaves. She replied "Oh I will freeze it. I have a very large freezer". We were about to approach the lady who was taking the money and the woman in front was giving her a credit card when I reach into my back pocket.Whoa!! Wait a minute, Darn! I forgot my credit card and realizing this turned to leave when the lady in front said to me "I got yours?." I asked her if she heard what I was thinking and she said "No, I just wanted buy you a loaf of bread". Now how nice is that?! It was then I said that I had left my wallet and would have left except she steped up. I asked her if she was married, not wishing to lose an opportunity, she laughed and said she was and that ended what could have been a beautiful friendship. " I said " Well, we'll always have Paris". What a nice early morning experience! Life is good at times.

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

What a nice story Dad! And I love your remark at the end! Haha!

winspears said...

Great story...love to see the good in people. :)